Community football is a wonderful way for girls and boys to have fun and participate in a game that promotes teamwork and participation for everyone. This summer?s UEFA Women?s EURO 2017 is the perfect opportunity to celebrate the game.
Our #15yearsofgrassroots Twitter chat on 10th July is all about your children ? especially girls ? participating in football. We want to hear your tips, your stories and your family enthusiasm for the sport. We?ll be joined by footballer Casey Stoney, sharing her on-field adventures and answering questions about the sport.
The chat is sponsored by McDonald?s UK, the longest standing supporter of grassroots football in the UK and which this year celebrates the 15th anniversary of its community programme. McDonald?s support of this summer?s UEFA Women?s EURO 2017? reflects its longstanding commitment to inclusivity.
Did you know that McDonald?s UK:
- Is the longest standing supporter of grassroots football in the UK and this year celebrates the 15th anniversary of its community programme
- Has consistently promoted a ?football for all? approach to community football, encouraging children and young adults to play and enjoy football, regardless of gender or disability
- Since its inception in 2002, the McDonald?s Player Escort programme has provided thousands of boys and girls with the chance to stand beside football superstars and experience the roar of the crowd first hand
- Check out their site to learn more!
Come, join the conversation and tweet us on Monday 10 July from 13:00 ? 14:00 BST and you could win 1 of 5 £50 John Lewis vouchers just for taking part!
HOW TO TAKE PART AND JOIN THE FUN
Tweet on Monday 10 July between 13:00 ? 14:00 BST about your family?s participation and enjoying of football for all including stories, tips and comments, using the hashtag #15yearsofgrassroots. You must be following @BritMums and @BetterPlayUK to participate.
5 lucky winners, chosen at random, will win a £50 shopping voucher.
- Monday 10 July 2017 13:00 ? 14:00 BST
- Prize: 5 x £50 John Lewis vouchers
- Follow @BritMums and @BetterPlayUK
- Tweet your #15yearsofgrassroots tips, comments and questions on traveling with confidence
- Footballer Casey Stone will join in, sharing her on-field adventures and answering questions
Tweet now to enter!
Also tweeting are our co-hosts, who make the discussion that much better and are compensated for their involvement. Make sure you follow them too!
Please read the Terms & Conditions
BritMums is the UK’s largest parent blogger collective. We offer bloggers the latest support, advice and how-tos as well as feature great content on food, travel, relationships, health, charities, crafting and much more. Our social network is free to join and helps bloggers connect with others; our BritMums Pro programme connects bloggers with brands on our high-quality projects and our annual conference, BritMums Live, is the blogging event of the year.