- 1 can (15oz) kidney beans
- ¼ cup onion, finely sliced
- ¼ cup leek, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp red sweet paprika
- Sea salt (or table salt) to taste
- 4 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1. Drain the kidney beans and rinse with cold water.
- 2. Clean and finely slice the onion and add to the pan. Do the same with the leek; finely chop only white parts and to the pan. Add paprika and peanut butter, kidney beans, salt and oil. Sauté all together on a low heat about 10-12 minutes; stir well to avoid sticking to the pan. Mash them to a pulp and all remaining ingredients from the list.
- 3. Place the mixture into a bowl and pop it in the fridge for at least one hour to cool and set.
- 4. When the mixture has firmed up, remove it from the fridge and shape the burger mixture into four or six balls into burger shapes.
- 5. Heat the oil in the frying pan. Cook the burgers for a few minutes on one side on a high heat and then carefully turn them over and repeat the same from the other side.
- 6. Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is easy for prepare, healthy and nutritive. It can be served for any meal and in every occasion.